Saturday, January 10, 2015

Stylish House Boat renovation by Pipkorn & Kilpatrick

While I was flicking through the latest issue of Vogue Living magazine this week, and I came across a sleek and stylish project by a local interior design firm called Pipkorn & Kilpatrick.

At this point, I hadn't read the article yet, I was simply blown away by gorgeous imagery and style of the space. Then as I was reading along, I realised it was a renovated house boat on Lake Eildon in Victoria!

I had been to Lake Eildon before, and seen the style of house boats sitting on the lake; old and run down but definitely    looked like a fun family holiday home.
You would instantly think that the renovated house boat that the designers of Pipkorn & Kilpatrick so effortlessly designed, was a home sitting in a leafy inner city suburb of Melbourne!

The overall design is actually quite simple and lets the surroundings speak for itself. The natural beauty of the lake and the leafy bushland was their inspiration for the project.

I love the contrast of the black details and warm timber panelling which gives the interior a sleek and contemporary look.

The fact that they have a full size sofa and designer furniture pieces and accessories truly make this house boat a home.











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

Design Talk | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012