Thursday, January 20, 2011

I live and breath design. I am surrounded by it at work and can't get enough of it in my down time. I appreciate interiors that tell a story about the person who lives it. Inspiration can come from anywhere, which is why never two interiors are the same.

Paul Hecker from Hecker Guthrie said that "one of the most important aspects about residential interior design is not what it looks like, but how it makes you feel".
The home should be a haven from the outside world. It should tell a tale about who you are, what you love and where you have travelled. If you are surrounded by all things beautiful, you will somehow feel peaceful.


I want to share some of my finds. I am in love with anything Victorian & French. The history behind the furniture, the art and the interiors are quite fascinating, which are classic pieces that will stand the test of time.
Black.. it screams bold, masculine & glamorous. Black front entry doors are such a powerful element for any home. The timber paneled door, high architraves and decorative hall chairs are signs of a Victorian house, but the sharp monochromatic colour scheme, balance both old and new.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

Design Talk | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012